UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT - WASHINGTON, D.C.
Videoconferencing (VTC) technology is available in several rooms at the United States District Court in Washington, DC. These systems can initiate or receive calls to and from virtually any compatible VTC system (IP-based) in the world. The priority use of the VTC systems is as follows:
- Use by a Judicial Officer
- Court administrative matters as authorized by the Clerk.
- Use by Counsel in a case pending before this Court.
- Use by Counsel in a case pending in another Federal Court.
The Office of the Clerk of Court will administer the videoconferencing program for the District Court. Philip Tran (202-354-3218) will serve as the primary VTC coordinator for the Court. In his absence, a qualified VTC backup will be available to assist with the VTC operation. The Court's VTC equipment is located within the E. Barrett Prettyman U.S. Courthouse as follows:
- Courtroom 1
- Courtroom 2
- Courtroom 3
- Courtroom 4
- Courtroom 5
- Courtroom 6
- Courtroom 7
- Courtroom 8
- Courtroom 9
- Courtroom 10
- Courtroom 11
- Courtroom 12
- Courtroom 14
- Courtroom 15
- Courtroom 16
- Courtroom 17
- Courtroom 19
- Courtroom 21
- Courtroom 22 (Annex)
- Courtroom 23 (Annex)
- Courtroom 24 (Annex)
- Courtroom 25 (Annex)
- Courtroom 26 (Annex)
- Courtroom 27 (Annex)
- Courtroom 28 (Annex)
- Courtroom 29 (Annex)
- Courtroom 30 (Annex)
- Videoconference Room 4517
VIDEOCONFERENCING AVAILABILITY TO OTHERS
The VTC system in room 4517 will be made available for videoconferencing when not in use by judicial officers. Use of this system is offered to:
- Clerk's Office staff
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court staff
- U.S. Probation Office staff
- U.S. Marshals Service staff
- Federal Public Defender's Office staff
- United States Attorney's Office staff
- CJA Panel Attorneys who are members of this Court's Bar and have a case pending in this Court at the time of the request.
All requests to use the VTC equipment in room 4517 will be made through the VTC coordinator (or one of his backups) who will maintain the schedule and approve requests based on availability and priority. Reservations will be accepted with the understanding that they are subject to change based on the Court schedule. Hours of operation will generally be from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding federal holidays.
TO RESERVE THE VTC EQUIPMENT, THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURES WILL APPLY:
- When you are ready to make a reservation to use the equipment, contact the VTC coordinator either by phone or by e-mail. Please notify the following individuals at least 5 business days prior to the day of the planned videoconference:
- Philip Tran (VTC coordinator) 202-354-3218
- OIT Help Desk (VTC backup) 202-354-3210
- When making the reservation, please complete the Videoconference Request Form and submit it to the VTC coordinator. This should be e-mailed to Philip_Tran@dcd.uscourts.gov. It is imperative that you have a technical point of contact (name and telephone number) for the remote site.
- Users of the equipment will be expected to operate the equipment as instructed by the VTC coordinator. (Note: The VTC coordinator or his backup will be available to operate the equipment for matters involving a judicial officer or for matters held in a courtroom.) Users are also expected to notify the VTC coordinator as soon as possible to cancel a reservation should their plans change.