Instructions: Please use this online application form to renew your bar membership with this Court.
- Pre-fill the form by entering last name, last 4 digits of SSN, and your renewal code, then click on the “Get Info for” button. The form will populate your existing profile.
- Make changes as needed, check applicable certification clauses, and include any information, if any, on which you have been convicted of a crime, censured, suspended, disciplined or disbarred by any Court since you last renewed.
- Click on the Send button to submit. Your renewal form will be emailed to the court.
- Save a .PDF copy of your renewal form as displayed on this verification screen for your records.
- If you are a state/federal government attorney wishing to maintain Government bar status, your renewal fees are waived.
- If you are an attorney wishing to maintain Active bar status, your renewal fee must be paid via NextGEN CM/ECF.
- In order for your contact information to be accurately maintained in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia you must have a NextGEN CM/ECF e-filing account. If you DO NOT have e-filing access via NextGEN CM/ECF, you will need to register for e-filing by using the instructions on the court’s website found here: https://www.dcd.uscourts.gov/sites/dcd/files/NextGEN_Tutorial_for_Registering_for_E-filing_1.pdf
- If you are an attorney wishing to maintain an Government bar status and you DO have e-filing access via NextGEN CM/ECF, please proceed to log into your NextGEN CM/ECF account at https://pacer.psc.uscourts.gov/pscof/login.jsf
- Click on Maintenance- Update Personal Information to update your name, prefix, and suffix.
- Click on Maintenance- Update Address Information to update your firm name, address, and phone numbers.
- Click on Maintenance- Update E-Filer Email Noticing and Frequency to update your email address.
- If you are an attorney wishing to maintain an Active bar status and you DO have e-filing access via NextGEN CM/ECF, please proceed to electronically file your renewal by using the instructions on the court’s website found here: https://www.dcd.uscourts.gov/sites/dcd/files/AttyRenewalECFTutorial2020.pdf
Click here to fill your renewal form and Submit