- For case status or scheduling information, please contact
her courtroom deputy, clerk, (202) 354-3162
- Judge Chutkan has selected law clerks through the 2023 - 2024 term. When she begins the selection process for the 2024 - 2025 term, she will post a notice here on the court webpage and on OSCAR.
United States District Court Judge Tanya Chutkan accepts and considers applications for Spring, Summer, and Fall internships on a rolling basis. An application for a Spring internship should be submitted between August and October of the prior year; an application for a Summer internship should be submitted between November and January; and an application for a Fall internship should be submitted between April and June.
For the Fall and Spring internships, preference will be given to 3Ls, but 2Ls are encouraged to apply. Applicants for full-time internships (4 days a week for 32 hours) are preferred, but applicants for part-time internships (at least 2 days per week for 16 hours) will be considered.
For the Summer term, preference will be given to persons who have completed at least two years of law school, but 1Ls are encouraged to apply. Summer interns are expected to work full-time, but requests to split the summer will be considered.
Interested applicants may apply by submitting a cover letter, resume, law school transcript, writing sample and list of three references and/or letters of recommendation via email to email@example.com. Include the following information in the subject line: “Internship Application - name – desired term.” Please do not contact chambers unless directed to do so by the Court.
Candidates of all backgrounds and experiences are encouraged to apply.
Sample Orders and Templates
- EXHIBIT LIST TEMPLATE: CIVIL (Word Doc)
- EXHIBIT LIST TEMPLATE: CIVIL (PDF)
- EXHIBIT LIST TEMPLATE: CRIMINAL (Word Doc)
- EXHIBIT LIST TEMPLATE: CRIMINAL (PDF)
- JURY STRIKES: CRIMINAL (Word Doc)
- JURY STRIKES: CRIMINAL (PDF)
- PRETRIAL CONFERENCE ORDER: CIVIL (Word Doc)
- PRETRIAL CONFERENCE ORDER: CIVIL (PDF)
- PRETRIAL ORDER TEMPLATE: CRIMINAL (Word Doc)
- PRETRIAL ORDER TEMPLATE: CRIMINAL (PDF)